Monday, August 8, 2011

John's Attempt To Get Less Fat, update 5

So the bad times continue on this front.

The overtraining injuries Kelli and I sustained kept us away from the YMCA all week with the exception of my Tuesday ping pong battle with my co-worker Todd.

For the record, we're getting scary good at the game and that's a helluva workout to play at an intense high level for more than an hour.

Otherwise, we took to the pool at the apartment on Monday and twice this weekend just to keep working out in some regard.

Everytime I think my legs feel better (for example on Friday I choose to walk up stairs instead of taking the elevator) they just start to hurt again.

Best case scenario, we hit the treadmills again on Friday and we're going to push back to the week one workout. It should be easier this time around since I still think we're in better shape than we were in when we started.

Rough food choices last week too. Being away from the Y, I dunno what that did to the weight but I've got a plan.

Kelli made my grandma's recipe vegetable soup and that's all I'm eating for lunch this week, along with some celery sticks for snacks (well with the exception of the fact that another co-worker owes me applebees one day this week). Whenever I get to Cincinnati next, my dad might have more of those diet shakes for me so I plan on doing another week of that too.

I don't mind doing a different diet each week, so long as the downward weight trend continues.

So with the crushing delay in our training schedule, I'm throwing in the towel on running the Harvest Home 5k. I might still walk it, but that's up in the air too. There is some 5K in October that is related to the Cincinnati Cyclones and that one may be what we shoot for. November is probably the last shot to do this before winter and I'd really really like to pull that off.

The reason I'm blogging at 7:39 a.m. today is that I don't feel so hot (woke up like 10 times last night) and I'm hoping if it's not to busy to go home around lunch time and take a half day.

That's all I got. Good day folks.

3 comments:

  1. Write a blog then. I'll let you beat me up in your own comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a couple but can't motivate myself to complete any.

    ReplyDelete