Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good news for some, bad for my ego

So as Lent has arrived on this Ash Wednesday I am going to tell you all what I'm giving up for Lent, well some of it. Some of it has no place on the blogosphere.

I will tell you this though. I will not blog more than once a week (this blog and Friday notwithstanding) for the next 40 days. My plan is to blog on Fridays, the topics will be almost exclusively religious in nature and they will be thought out as opposed to quick hitters.

Also I'd just like to point out to a few folk that this season is called Lent, not Lint. It is about sacrificing something that we have attached to and giving that attention to God, it is not a self-help time though that can be an added benefit. It is not a time where we "earn" heaven or anything else.

It is about sacrifice and repentance, acknowledgment of of our mortality and getting closer to God.

So say goodbye until Friday, then bring your big kids pants because it might get intense. I also invite all believers to join the ever present discussion between myself and my two atheist friends that are always commenting. Or, non-believers join them. It's fun.

Happy Lent everyone

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I quiver with anticipation.

    This will be an excellent opportunity to test your theory that you don't have to be agnostic/theist to have a dialog about God. I suspect that's not true (at least regarding core beliefs), but we'll have to see how it pans out. Either way, I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Ta ta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss your almost daily blogs, but look forward to the increase in quality.

    You really need to get more of your friends and acquaintances interested in participating. Otherwise these weekly discussions probably won't sustain themselves for more than a day or two.

    ReplyDelete