Friday, February 25, 2011

A little from column a...

Little randomness on this blog today, sorry but no good topic came to mind.


New idea for a show



It would be like the odd couple, but with way more drugs. It would star Moammar Gadhafi and Charlie Sheen.

Why it would work: Neither one are likely to be in their current jobs by the time the next TV season. Also, both love attention and wouldn't be very happy out of the limelight for too long.

Why it won't work: I don't know if Moammar Gadhafi speaks english or not but more importantly, both of these guys could well be dead within the week.


Flowers for Algernon?



If the internet can be trusted, then a long standing thought I have had is wrong.

See I have been for some time under the impression that I am getting dumber so some time ago I set out to find out if that was true.

At some point in college I had an IQ of 119, a year ago I online tested myself and scored a 117 and today I did it again and scored a 117 again.
Firmly above average, clearly not spectacular.

Mind your manners



"NEW YORK (Reuters) – Whether is it texting during dinner, talking on a cellphone in a public restroom or using a laptop while driving, most people think mobile etiquette is getting worse, not better."

I love headlines like this. Was there someone old lady sitting in a room out there somewhere thinking it would get better? It will only get worse.

We text during work, meals, church, weddings, funerals, baptisms, while we crap etc.

What's the last cell phone taboo? During sex? Job interviews?

As long as no one cares I don't see this cell phone etiquette being an issue but if you tried it during those last two ideas I'm just guessing it would end poorly.

If my sister Mary is reading this, she's probably sent 30 text already. The next generation will text even more.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say, that your IQ changing is quite common. Actually I think it's more rare that yours only changed 2 points. Most versions of the test take age into account and that changes your score.

    sha la la la or so that's what I read once, years ago.

    ReplyDelete