Monday, May 7, 2012

The race to end the obesity...or Dungy is a fatty bubatty

So I posted some goals on MyFitnessPal.com and I also posted them on facebook.

They are to do the following before I turn 30 on Nov. 2 of 2013, do the following:
Finish two 5k races, running at least one of them all the way through.
Run a mile in 10 minutes or less.
and the big one......
Before I turn 30, I will weigh 200 pounds or less. That means I need to drop 95 over two years.


That posting on Facebook prompted Jeff Bruce (current weight 275) to challenge me on facebook to a "Race to 200" pounds. I thought Matt and Dungy might want in on this too, and they do. As does Lyndsey and Kelli

Everyone seemed pretty on board except Dungy (Weight 253), who needs a good public shaming to get it going.

Did you guys know that the size of the silver dollar was based on a 1/3 scale model of the nipple on Dungy's man-boob? It's science.

I dunno if he'll bite on just that one. His constitution is weak. He lacks mettle. Let's try again.

Furthermore, did you know Dungy weighs just 42 pounds less than me? I mean, c'mon son. 

Did that do it? One more for good measure.

Dungy's so fat, that he was once sucked into an alternate dimension of his own fat....or something....this all feels terribly disingenuous coming from me...moving on.

Anyways, while he's busy being all business man, this fatty here (Weight 295) has dropped 45 pounds so far. I am confident he can not defeat me in matters of fitness and weight loss as his biting wit and insatiable appetite for truth will do him no good.

I challenge you Dungy, and every one else, to the following challenge.

Beginning May 14, a race to lose 10 percent of their weight. For me, that would be 29.5 pounds.

Rules
First one to achieve the goal wins.
All starting weights must be stated publicly in the comments section of this blog as an official starting weight no later than May 14.

 I will blog an update to the competition every week. At such time, everyone MUST report their current weight, whether it's gone up or down. You can comment, or just otherwise text and tell me by noon each Monday.

Don't give an update for two weeks in a row? You're out of the running.

Winner gets to demand a tribute from the losers. The total value of the tribute is not to exceed $5 per loser. Anyone who enters, even if they quit, is on the hook to pay the winner.

A celebration event will be held wherein the losers bow to the winner, and give their tribute. Winner determines the place.


7 comments:

  1. I am 253 pounds of steaming hot muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert E Lee. You invite me to lunch, and then show up a half an hour late, drunk?

    Sir, this means war.

    I ACCEPT both of your challenges. I will lose 25.3 pounds, but that victory will be but a taste in the banquet of DEFEAT that awaits you. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently 232...and I shall defeat you all when I lose my 10% (23.2) first!

    ReplyDelete