Thursday, January 27, 2011

The sun can't hurt me, I'm a special vampire...

Everyone knows that a so-called vampire subculture exists in the US and around the world.

It ranges from overzealous Twilight worshipers, to slightly older kids just discovering Ann Rice, to full grown adults that think it's fun to play vampire and then to the ultimate in pathetic, people who believe they are vampires.

I say to each their own on a lot of things. If you want to dress up as Barney the Dinosaur and go to sex parties with other consenting adults in costume, go for it. If you want to pretend its the middle ages and talk funny at a Renaissance Fair, why not? If you wanna play Dracula and nibble on a consenting friend, that's your call too.

I'm sure you meet crazies in all of those crowds that believe they are Barney or that they are a Knight, but with the vampire subculture this seems to happen more often. At the least it is reported in the media.

I have actually known people that believed, or at least argued with me that they believed, that they were vampires. I knew a vampire and an alleged vampire hunting ninja of some kind who were friends. I knew a girl that said she was a Lykin.

All three of these people would claim to be serious most of the time. One of the guys would back down a little if pressed.

Still though, why? We all want to believe we are special or unique in some way and I guess if we could be a mythical being, that would do it.

But most of these people are just attention whores of one kind or another.

And I know about attention whore...I started a blog because I couldn't stand not having an audience read my stuff.

So here is few excerpts of a list I came across today to help you know if you are a vampire.

# 1. Do you have unusually pale skin? You don't have to be white to be pale. If yes then cook up one or two (depending on the size) medium rare steaks (the best way to do this) If, by the time you’re done enjoying the second one, you have a new pinkish color throughout your body that you haven’t had in a while, read no farther; you are a real vampire. Humans can’t digest blood let alone get color from it, real vampires do.

# Have you ever been told by professionals that you’re lucky you survived an accident with only a few scratches or cuts?

# Are you a naturally strong magic/energy user self-taught or self-realized?

# As a kid, were you the strongest, smartest, or quickest kid in the class, and at around 16 years of age maybe all 3?

# Is your bedroom the coldest and darkest room in the house?

And my personal favorite.......

# How often do you look at the person that almost bumped (or bumped) into you and think "you idiot” or “people are so stupid" because they didn't know you were only a couple feet away from them, because you always know when someone is that close to you? (Which, when you think about it, you only know because you can sense when someone is that close to you).


I mean come on. I'll give you a break if you are a 12-16 emo kid with crappy parents but by the time you're old enough to drive a car you should know you aren't freakin' immortal.

So if you know a "vampire" that is serious about it, ask how they go out in the sun without dying/sparkling or how come they got beat up in school despite their vampire powers?

Ask why, if you're an immortal powerful being, why not drop out of high school and wander the earth or If they believe they've been a vampire for thousands of years, why are they in high school again?

I don't know why this level of stupidity bothers me as much as it does. I don't mind cosplay or dressing goth if that's just your thing. But pretending you're a supernatural being with powers that you cannot demonstrate makes me want to call you an idiot.

So this entire blog post was leading up to one sentence.

If you think you are really and truly a vampire or vampire related supernatural being, you are an idiot.

5 comments:

  1. I do not argue with people who think they are vampires, I just assume that they divorced themself from reality in such a way that logic is of no use

    on a side note, I really like vampire stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you're such an attention whore. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John,

    Go back and check the comments on your other blogs, damn it! Specifically, I want your take on what I had to say in your abortion blog. I don't leave comments just for the fun of it, you know. These are serious world problems we are trying to solve.

    Anyway, I just came up with a fantastic plan. It shall be called the "Final Solution of the Tween Girl Question." Imagine Edward Cullen and Justin Bieber together. Now imagine Edward Cullen and Justin Bieber together...as the bait for a behemoth mouse trap.

    Suggestion for a future blog: The State of Education in Modern America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cmon Bastien we know already.....lol

    ReplyDelete