Monday, January 10, 2011

Lunchtime with me

Ok so the new plan for this blog is for me to take about 20-25 minutes of my daily one-hour lunch to blog about whatever comes to my mind that day.

This first one I guess we'll start with an about me section.

I think a post or two back I did the same thing so we'll be quick. My name is John Stegeman, my wife's name is Kelli. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, graduated from Shawnee State, worked as a sports writer/sports editor for six years and just recently became a project manager at IMG College in Lexington, Ky. where I build and edit sports publications for the NCAA and a whole bunch of major colleges.

My favorite sport is pro baseball but given my new job I've decided to become a college sports fan again.

See as a sports writer it's kind of tough to be a fan. When you look at the game objectively, you don't think you're team was screwed on every call by the refs and watching the way your fellow fans act is a turnoff. Also, when you cover sports 8-10 hours a day, the last thing you want to do when you get home is turn on the game.

But I've been out of the sports writing game for a couple weeks now and I can already feel the interest in sports starting to come back.

The question now is do I root for UC, Xaiver or OSU, or embrace the bluegrass and root for UK....

More on this to come. Thanks for reading, just a little more than four hours til quitting time.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment