Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter



Been using MyFitnessPal for a while now, well not really. I used it to drop five pounds then forgot about it for a few weeks. But I must have learned some lessons about calorie counting.

Calorie counting of course isn't the end all of being healthy (white bread for instance has less calories than wheat) but when you're up over 300 pounds like me, I think anything that gets that number down is more bad than good.

So if that graphic above works, you'll see I've lost 11 pounds. Now that's since I got the app. A quick look through this blog's archive and you'll see back in May I was 325. That means I've lost 17 pounds in eight months. And you might remember I lost a big chunk of that hella fast, and then put it back a little.

Nevertheless, while the drop has been slow, it's been steady and short of one bounce back, I'm keeping it off.

So anyway I know neither of my two regulars are in dire need of diets, I still want to suggest others to get the app or sign up for their service online. It's a nice touch to have other people I know doing it to keep me accountable.

But I guess posting here has the same impact. I'm currently at 308 pounds. I want to lose 8 in the next 12 days....I know that's a lot in a short time, but I've been half assing it lately. I think I can do that.

It I step on a scale at or below 300 pounds, it will be a very merry Christmas present from me to me.

For the record, the last time I was at that weight I think I was living on Matt's couch.

Anywhoo, that's the infomercial for now. Now let's end with a new set of "fat stats."

Weight at Start of Tracking: 325 (May 2011)
Current Weight: 308
Loss/Gain: -17 pounds
Current Mile Time: 20:27
Most Recent Ping Pong Result: Lost to Todd 4 games to none in best of 7. Beat him in two consolation matches played after. Then I beat some 12 year old 21-2....yeah, I did that.


Tonight's ping pong contest with Todd has been postponed to Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John! I have this app too, what is your username? mine is Llynzlynz, look me up.
    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete