Monday, July 23, 2012

Weight Update and all the info you weren't asking for about my table tennis tournament experience.

Post'em here folks.

This weekend I won bronze in the Bluegrass State Games in table tennis for ages 20-29. In essence, that means I'm the third best non-USATT rated player in the state....probably a stretch to say that, but what the hell.

Oh and the other thing is only three people in my age group registered.....and I went 0-2 to win that bronze, but it still counts.

Then in the open championship I made the second round, when my opponent no-showed, before losing to the overall No. 3 seed, though I did lead him 8-6 in one game before losing it.

In actual tournament play, I went 1-3 in matches (ok 0-3, but I want to count the forfeit) and didn't even win a game. I did however get to play an exhibition match against another person in the tournament and I won that 3 games to 1.

Great day, long day. Think I'll take this a little more seriously and start playing at the table tennis club on Saturdays or Sundays.

Anyways, this likely contributed to an AWESOME week of weight loss.

John
Starting: 295
Current: 279
 Pounds: -16
13.5 to win


Someone check my math, but I think that's right.


Anyways Heather also checked in at:
Heather Van Dulman
Starting:275.0
Current: 262.0
Pounds: -13

4 comments:

  1. Starting: 253
    Current: 231
    Pounds: -22
    3.3 to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting: 232
    Current: 225
    Pounds: -7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting: 241
    Current: 236.4
    Pounds: -4.6

    bad weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt:
    Starting: 253
    Current: 242.4
    Pounds: -10.6

    Looks like the bad weekend didn't set me back too much.

    Lyndsey:
    Starting: 205
    Current: 190.2
    Pounds: -14.8

    ReplyDelete